Monday, October 15, 2012

A Little Paris on a Monday




Happy Monday y'all! Is it just me or do the weekends go by way too fast? I feel like there is never enough time to do all the things I want, or to get enough sleep. It is a never ending catch up game!

I read this article a while back that featured vintage "futuristic" Parisian postcards. I am not sure if it is because it is fall, or because I am learning french (well trying to at least) but my mind is always on Paris! Especially on dreary Mondays like today, I would much rather be eating a croissant and cappuccino in a Parisian cafe then sitting in my office. 

 The postcards were painted in the 19th century predicting how we would live in 2000! Some of them, like the video chat and news radio are amazingly accurate, but flying squash? I wish.

There is one that shows an underwater submarine that is powered by a whale. Check out all the images over here.

All images via DailyMail

No comments:

Post a Comment