Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Tutu Project

I had another post planned for today, something sweet, but before I got to posting it, an inspirational story on the Today show got my attention and I just had to share. 

Have you heard about The Tutu Project?


Bob Carey's wife was diagnosed with aggressive breast cancer in 2003 and Bob found a way to cope, by taking self portraits, in a pink tutu. 

The photos have been inspirational and therapeutic to both those fighting cancer and their family members.

I am not ashamed to say I not only put down my coffee while watching the segment but teared up the entire time.

Check out Bob's website and all the photos he has taken.

Also he is coming out with a book soon. It would be a great present to anyone you know who has been touched by cancer. I know I will be purchasing the book, and a print as soon as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment