Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Perfect Schedule

Last week when we had that Monday off, I thought it was the perfect bonus day. I had a ton of things on my to-do list, and I could pretend I was working from home, just to see how I liked it. 

Well I loved it. Absolutely loved it. I got a ton of things done, at the end of the day I felt satisfied and accomplished  not run down. 

If I am every able When I am able to work from home, it will definitely take time to figure out a routine, what works and what doesn't. But I thought it would be fun to come up with what I thought my perfect routine would be! 


I love working out in the morning. Maybe it comes from all those before sunrise, before school, awfully freezing, morning swim practices, but I love it. I am far more productive, and have an all around better day when I start it by working out. Right now I am in the car by 5:30 am so there is just no way I am working out first! This is the first thing I would change. 


Right along the same path as working out, I leave too early to eat. So being able to have a full breakfast would be wonderful.
Last thing, I cant even shower in the morning! I have it down to 15 minuets from getting out of bed to leaving, so I would love to shower in the morning. And even though I could wear yoga pants and tshirts, I am way more productive when I get dressed!


I love starting my days with coffee, reading blogs, and writing a to-list. I do this these days, and it is my favorite part of the working day.


Well, if we are dreaming, I definitely have a dog. That I get to walk every day!


When I love my job, or have passion, I get wrapped up in work. I know I would have no problem working all day, and staying focused if I was doing something I love.



I definitely need mind breaks. And walks around the block (with my makebelieve dog, or around the office) help to clear my mind and focus.


I love tea time. I love that most cultures have some time in the afternoon dedicated to tea, a rest, food, or any kind of break. I wish that we had that here, but if you are like me, you work through lunch, eating at your desk. I love tea, and would love an afternoon break with a cuppa, and time to recharge before diving back into work for the rest of the day.





It is staying light until after 5 these days! Okay maybe only until about 5:15, but that is something. I would love to take a bike around the lake in the evening around sunset during the spring and summer.



I enjoy making dinner, and would love to expand my culinary skills. Of course it would be paired with a glass of wine.


Even just planning this in my head made me so excited to get up tomorrow, and do what I can to add these little things to my day. 

This is such an idealist version of what my day would be like, but a girl can dream! 

And yes, at 5:30 am, on my long commute, I will be daydreaming of this!


No comments:

Post a Comment