Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Cheers to the New Year




Happy happy New Years! I love blank slates, and there is no cleaner, blanker, fresher start than the new year. 

2012 and was filled with some many first and last for me, and I don't think I have ever had a year where I learned so much about myself and what I want. 

New Years is synonymous with change. I don't care if you call them resolutions, goals, whatever, I think they are great, and they should be made and thought about through out the year.



I have 5 major items that I want to work on this year.

1. Complete my list of 25 things before 25. This year I will turn 25 (ouch!) and I am determined to complete these 25 things before that major mark! I have had the 101 in 1001 list going for about a year now, but those are mostly things that included Andrew. This list is all geared towards me.

2. Be a finisher. I am a great do-er. I start a bunch of different projects and have a bunch of different ideas, but I never seem to finish them! I want to follow through, even if the aren't perfect, done is better than perfect. I know this will definitely help with my stress/anxiety. 

3. Support small businesses. There are so many great small businesses out there and one day I hope to be one of them. I want to be supportive of these creative, hard working, inspirational people and so I plan to make as many purchases as possible with them.

4. Stick to a budget. This is simple. I finally have a real big kid job, with a real paycheck and so I want to be better about where my money goes. Along with sticking to a budget, I want to use cash as much as possible, it is much harder for me to buy something when I have to hand over the cash then when I just swipe a card. I hope to use only cash for one week every month. If possible. Baby steps.

5. Stick to a schedule. I love schedules. I thrive on schedules. And why I have had ever reason in the book to not be able to stick to a schedule for the last few months, I cant use them any more. It will take a bit of trial and error, I am looking forward to getting into a routine. Plus, it will help with that anxiety I mentioned earlier. 

(all images via Harry Anna Creative)

No comments:

Post a Comment