Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Go back...

Do you ever wish you could go back ten, fifteen, twenty years? 

Everyone says your twenties are the best and worst time of your life. Well I would really like to talk to that person! Because middle school was the worst time (hello awkward teen years) and college has been the best time, and this is no where near a mixture of those two time periods. 

Everyone seems to have their lives together. Or at least they have a plan. Or an idea. Not me.

Sometimes I wish I could go back to the age where we could plan to be whatever we wanted. If you wanted to be an astronaut it didn't really matter if we had a space program or if you were good at math, because there was plenty of time. Gas prices weren't relevant, your bike didn't need it. The conversations on the playground were about who liked who, what your silly old teacher was wearing, who was going to have the funest (yes, funest) birthday, not the economy or politics.

Yes, I do enjoy a lot of the perks of being a "grown up," sometimes I wish I could go back to the days where summers were spent at the beach, and you didnt have to worry. Where you could sit at the end of your dock and catch fish. And that was all that was on your mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment