Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Morning Love Affair: Scarves

 I have loved wearing scarves for quite a while. I use to wear them only during the winter, and to stay warm. 

Unlike most of my obsessions favorite wardrobe items, I can pinpoint when I started loving scarves for everyday wear. It was the semester I studied abroad in Chile. The season are reversed so we went from winter in the states, to a couple months of the perfect summer, back to a wet and freezing winter, and then right back into summer in the states. My body and style were slightly confused. 


South America has its own style, think grunge meets early 90's, with a mix of acid wash everything. To me it was just one big great place to people watch. I think that it was the longest time that I have ever gone without buying any new clothes, my wallet thanked me. 

The one thing that seemed to be worn all the time, day or night, rain or shine, was scarves. While the Chilean boys rocked the mullets, the Chilean girls were rarely seen without a scarf on. 

The girls in my group took no time joining in on that trend. They had them in every fabric, pattern, and style. And they were cheap, really cheap! Think $2 - $6 US dollars. It was one of my favorite parts of that semester, and I always love pulling them out of my closet and wearing a piece of that trip.


For me fall only means more scarves. I already wear them to work (it is freezing in my office), when traveling, to add a pop of color, really anytime I can add a scarf I do! 

{all images via}

No comments:

Post a Comment