Tuesday, May 22, 2012

One Whole Year

A came out to San Diego this past weekend to celebrate our one year anniversary! 
I never thought we would actually date, much less make it an entire year, and even more, make it being a long distance couple! So there was a lot to celebrate.

We choose San Diego because it is where we fell in love. He went to USD for undergrad, and my dad has a home near by, so it was easy for me to come visit for a weekend. 

Since he graduated we haven't been back, so it was an extra special treat for us both!


We went downtown for dinner and drinks the first night. We ate at the Hopping Pig and got late night drinks at Jimmy Love's all with live music.
We rarely ventured downtown when he was in school because it was just so far, but after the great time we had, I wish we had spent more time there!

Part of my wonderful anniversary gift from A was a picnic basket filled with picnic supplies. We use to have so many beach picnics, and in Park City we would have makeshift ones. We of course had to head to the beach that weekend for a wonderful Trader Joes Picnic! This will be so fun to use once he is out at LMU!
We attempted to go jet skiing on our actual anniversary, however because there was some kind of malfunction we didn't get to go. I am glad we found out about it while we were in the marina and not out in the bay! So we came back the next day, and I am so glad we did. It was a beautiful sunny day so much fun. I had never been before, but I cannot wait to go again!

The amazing view from dinner
Wine glass bigger than his head
Oyster appetizer 
Most delicious meal of my life






For dinner A made reservations at the Marina Room in La Jolla. The resturaunt is right up against the shore line so the waves crash into the bottom of the building and splash up to the window.
He even went the extra step and checked the tide charts and sunset time! 
I had lobster tail with absthine butter. I am in no way kidding when I say it was the best meal I have ever had. If I could buy a tub of the sauce I would have.

Not only did we have a wonderful anniversary dinner, celebrating one year was on our 101 list! 
2 birds. 1 stone.




No comments:

Post a Comment