Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Help! My Pant's Don't Fit!





A couple weeks ago, even before Thanksgiving preparations, I was starting to feel gross. I was eating horribly and not working out and it was starting to show! For me personally, my mood is much related to my diet, and so if I am proactive, I can catch it before I become a whale.
I started to become grouchy but this time I didn’t make any changes and I just kept eating junk. I had a moment where a pair of pants would not zip up, it was an awful wake up call. 

There was no way that I was going to make it through the holiday season if I didn’t make a change at that moment. So I did.

I started eating a better breakfast, drinking a ton of water, drinking tea, and sweating.

The CamelBak Eddy is the best water bottle ever. It makes drinking a ton easier, it doesn't spill in my bag, and I am constantly filling it up during the day.

I am a bit of a tea hoarder. Getting fun teas is a small treat that makes my days better. The Trader Joe's Vanilla and Cinnamon Black tea is my absolute favorite. I made 2 boxes last from January to November this year. I may buy a dozen this year before they go away.

The saying Breakfast is the most important meal isn’t just a saying, it is so very true. If I start out eating well, I tend to eat well through the day. Lucky for me, Paleo doesn't only allow bacon and eggs for breakfast every day, it recommends it! I am not hungry at all when I wake up for work so I will either bring hard boiled eggs with me, or I will make eggs in the kitchen at work. Then on the weekends I always eat bacon and eggs.

I also started running, swimming, and biking at least a bit each day. I fill my ipod shuffle (it clips on!) with fast music and zone out. I get my best thinking done then and I come back more energized and ready to work!

 


1 comment:

  1. Yay for eating healthy! I just ate a couple cookies for breakfast...whoops. That wasn't stress eating during my final preparations or anything...

    ReplyDelete