Thursday, October 18, 2012

Hunary

While I was listening to the "Joy the Baker" podcast yesterday on my drive home they were talking about food and curing hunary. The combination of being hungry and angry, because who doesn't get angry when they get hungry?!

I usually get the most hunary around 4 pm and coffee/tea doesn't always do the trick! 




I work at a place where I am lucky enough to have a fully stocked kitchen and they serve us lunch everyday, heaven I know! It takes a lot of the time, money, and effort out of having to feed myself, but it isn't always the healthiest. I always opt for the trail mix, hard boiled eggs, or oatmeal for a snack during the day. 



If I get go home after work, as opposed to going to a coffee shop to get work done, then I putter around and snack, or at least attempt to. I am a huge fan of Trader Joe's chunky olive hummus with rosemary and raisin crackers (or carrots if I am a good mood). Also have you heard of Gone Bananas? They are sliced up, bite sized, frozen chocolate bananas, and amazing! You must pick some up on your next Trader Joe's run! Or make your own! When I was in Park City they didn't have a Traders (awful, I know) so I made my own, and they were just as good.

How do you fight hunary? I am always looking for new ideas so I don't get stuck in a rut!

No comments:

Post a Comment