Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August Happiness



One of the major points that I took away from The Happiness Project was the idea of making monthly goals. Simple, easy, broad, goals. Things that are easy to accomplish, easy to track, and will make you a happier person.

This month I have focused on five things that will make me a happier person.

Be a do-er: I am list maker, and I rarely finish all that is on my list. So, I am focusing on making shorter list that involve more pressing matters so that I am not overwhelmed by the crazy amount I have to do. This way I will not only do things, but feel a better sense of accomplishment. This goal also involves just doing things, going to a museum, going to dinner, going on a walk. Just being more active and doing things!

Stretch: Before bed, when I wake up, during the day. Just take a few moments to stretch through out the day. It makes me feel much better!

Sleep: I need to be much better about shutting things off and going to bed at a reasonable time so that it is easier for me to get up in the morning (and not press the snooze button for 40 minuets). When I do these things my days are much less stressed and rushed.

Mail: I love sending mail, and I am sure people love to receive it, so why not take the time to mail a simple letter? I have a great selection of note cards and plenty of stamps (thank you Costco) so really I have no reason not to accomplish this simple task!

Birthdays: August, and the beginning of September, is a month full of birthdays for my friends and family. I want to be sure to mail not only a card, but a yummy treat. I enjoy making, packaging, and sending off these treats, and it will make their day, so again why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment